You are here
Why Join a Learning Community?
Rutgers Learning Communities are designed to give students a shared experience around their academics and/or residential environment. They connect students to faculty within and beyond the classroom, and help to facilitate students' transition from high school to college.
- Helps to make Rutgers a smaller campus to manage and provides a smooth and easy transition to Rutgers.
- Provides the opporutnity to live and learn with students who have similar interests…..make new friends quickly!
- Build a supportive network of fellow first-year students, peer mentors, peer instructors, professors and staff
Here are the top ten reasons why first-year students join Learning Communities:
- “It connected me with other students who have an interest in the same field of study.”
- “I made new friends easily with students who shared similar interests.”
- “Since we shared classes together, it helped us form study groups.”
- “It was good to have familiar faces in my large classes.”
- “It helped me feel at home in my new home.”
- “It made my transition from high school to college much easier.”
- “It helped me explore the major I am interested in.”
- “The peer mentors and peer instructors helped to answer informal questions about Rutgers.”
- “It helped make Rutgers a smaller place.”
- “I was able to have great relationships with faculty.”