You are here
Learning Communities are offered in a variety of options and academic interests. Application and registration processes vary by community. Select a learning community based on your current academic interest or an academic interest area you would like to explore!
Below is a listing of all the learning communities open to transfer students.
Residential College for Women
Rutgers University, the State University of New Jersey, is the only flagship public research university in the nation to offer students the opportunity to join a women's residential college. Through innovative career development programs, leadership opportunities, and experiential learning, Douglass offers an enhancement to the wonderful opportunities at Rutgers–New Brunswick. Within the Douglass Residential College there are a wide array of learning communities open to residential and commuting RU women.
Living-Learning Communities (*designated residence hall) -- These communities range from first-year to senior unless otherwise specified
- Asian American Identities and Images Living-Learning Community
- French Language and Culture Living-Learning Community
- German Language and Culture Living-Learning Community
- Latin Images Living-Learning Community
- Paul Robeson Living-Learning Community
- RU-tv WeatherWatcher Living-Learning Community
- SAS Transfer Knights Living-Learning Community-- New SAS Incoming Transfers ONLY
SPECIAL INTEREST RESIDENTIAL OPTIONS -- THEMATIC COMMUNITIES
Thematic communities allows students with specific academic, personal or professional interests to live together on the same floor without a course/curricular component. Known for their active and vibrant student communities, these programs have often been viewed by students as one of the most pleasant and satisfying residential experiences at the university.
- The Global Village
- Institute for Research on Women Learning Community Scholars
- Oceanography Learning Community Seminar