You are here
Leadership Living-Learning Community - Sophomore Year Experience
Campbell Hall, College Avenue Campus
There are not enough effective leaders…Be the exception!
The Leadership LLC Sophomore Year Experience will be an intimate group of no more than 14 students from the first-year Leadership LLC cohort. This group will continue to live in Campbell Hall, building on the first-year experience by putting leadership into practice. This community is a collaboration between the Residence Life, Department of Leadership & Experiential Learning and the School of Communication & Information. All activities and experiences are designed to enhance each students overall college experience and better prepare them for post-graduate success.
Students will take part in the following
- A fast-paced 1.5 credit bearing set of workshops in fall 2017 (see below)
- Mentorship throughout the academic year from faculty and/or individuals with proven experience in leadership
- Assist in retreat planning (retreat held in September) for incoming first-years -- Group meetings will occur in spring 2017 for planning and timing to be determined once group is selected
- Participate in residential programming led by peer mentor
- Exclusive trips
- Assist with recruitment of Leadership LLC first-years Spring 2018
- Spring 2018 – This semester will be a continuation of leadership and activities learned in fall 2017 and will entail the completion of a leadership project. Group meetings will occur for touching base and planning
What can you expect from the workshops (1.5 credits)? This Sophomore Year Experience will help fast-track your leadership competencies and brand through eight fast-paced workshops. These highly interactive sessions will blend evolving leadership thought with practical applications of leadership. We will deploy a "learn it tonight, apply it tomorrow” approach that will enable you to put what you learn into practice.
You will learn the leading edge competencies, techniques and skills that are needed by 21st Century leaders; you will be exposed to the leadership practices of some of the world’s best leadership development firms like GE and J&J; you will interact with subject matter experts and guest speakers who will share the best practices of effective leaders, as well as lessons from the dark side: leadership mistakes. This is a unique opportunity to extend your leadership learning and create your leadership brand! Additionally, you will have the support of a peer mentor in-residence, with programs geared towards your interests as a developing leader.
Click here to apply for the Leadership Living-Learning Community 2nd Year Experience for 2017-2018. You must be a current member of the Leadership Living-Learning Community. Application due January 3, 11:59pm and will be followed by a brief in-person interview January 17 or January 18 for eligible applicants.
For more information, please contact:
Assistant Director, Living-Learning Communities and Academic Initiatives
Director, Leadership & Experiential Learning