You are here
French Language & Culture Living-Learning Community
- Open to all class years and all majors, including transfer students
- Students must have completed one year of college French or the attainment of the equivalent level on the placement exam
- For current students: If you are enrolled in 01:420:121 or 01:420:102 and above you are eligible.
Students will participate in the following:
- French Cultural Experience course (1.5 credits) 01:420:298:01 (09674). Meets Tuesday nights in Leupp 7:40pm - 9:00pm
- Attend community sponsored events and activities
Sample Syllabus from the French Cultural Experience Course. PLEASE NOTE: Syllabi and Instructors change over time, so this may not be the exact syllabus or course content that you will take as a future participant.
Programs and Activities
The French LLC will host French Movie Nights, and students will have the opportunity to visit French theater, musical productions, film screenings and other cultural events! There are also informal dinners and gatherings to attend and students will get connected to the French Department Faculty.
- A trip to Princeton University for theatrical presentation of La Comedie-Française.
- French Movie Night: "Ne le dis à Personne"
- Attending a performance of Cyrano de Bergerac at the Philip J. Levin Theater
- Participation in French Club Meetings and activities
- Game nights, informal dinners, lunches, and gatherings etc
- You must take the French language placement exam to determine eligibility. To sign up visit http://www.french.rutgers.edu/undergraduate/french-placement-testing
- Register French Language and Culture Living-Learning Community as your first choice on the online housing application on the Enrollment Pathway.
- Complete a living-learning community application here by the priority deadline of June 11, 2018.