You are here
Rosalind Franklin House For Women in STEM
Located in Winkler Hall on Busch Campus, Rosalind Franklin House is a Living-Learning Community dedicated to first year women pursuing (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics majors
This community can be described as a select group of driven young women with similar goals who can find camaraderie and the support necessary to succeed the rigors of a science track. RF provides its residents with opportunities to meet faculty and inside looks at majors and careers in the sciences.
Open to SAS and SEBS first-year women only. Students must have a Math placement into Calculus. Math Placement test must be taken by June 3rd.
- Exclusive placement in a uniquely designed First-Year Interest Group Seminar (FIGS) focusing on Careers in the Sciences
- Placement in a shared Calculus course
- In-residence academic support
- Academic coaching and study strategy workshops
- Field trips and science related programming
- Access to a Graduate Advisor for mentorship
- Two peer mentors in residence for support and programming
Members of the Rosalind Franklin community will be expected to:
- Attend and participate in programs; students will be required to attend at least two programs a semester with programs ranging from 1-2 hours.
- Support the academic success of community members.
- Attend monthly community meetings in residence.
- Abide by all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as outlined by the Rutgers Residence Life and Housing offices.
1. Register Rosalind Franklin House as your first choice on the housing online application on the Enrollment Pathway
2. Complete online Rosalind Franklin application.Once you complete an online application you will be contacted for a phone interview.
ROSALIND FRANKLIN APPLICATION FOR 2013-2014 IS NOW CLOSED.
Click here to download the FAQs.
Director, Learning Communities