You are here
Law and Political Science Discovery House
Quad I-Livingston Campus
The Law and Political Science Discovery House is a self-selected group of first-year students who will enjoy the benefits of sharing common residential and academic experiences while making new friends, exploring common interests and being a part of a close community of peers. Students will benefit from special programs in the residence hall, and having a peer mentor in residence to provide help in answering all those Rutgers questions. It is a thriving academic and social community that will allow you to engage in programs that will allow you to explore the academic and non-academic involvement opportunities within political science, access to a variety of resources and develop lasting friendships!
Programming for this community has included:
- Land your dream internship
- Attend the involvement fair
- Resume workshops and career panels
- Study survival tips
- Successful time management
- Summer Opportunities for first-year students
- Participate in social events as a community e.g. football games
Open to first-year students affiliated with SAS,RBS and SEBS
As a participant, you will be:
- Attending community sponsored events and monthly meetings
- Co-enrolled in three first year courses for the fall semester:
- Nature of Politics
- Expository Writing or Basic Comp (depending on placement)
- FIGs: Law and Political Science
Note: At your academic planning and advising day, you will be able to choose 2-3 other classes toward your academic interests. This is a perfect balance because it allows you to be both part of a smaller community and have access to all other Rutgers course offerings as well. If you AP out of any of the courses you will not be required to enroll in them and will still be eligible for this program.
- Optional courses for spring semester will be made available for students to consider
There is a two-part application process for this community:
- Register the Law & Political Science Discovery House Living-Learning Community as your first choice on the online housing application on the Enrollment Pathway.
- You must also complete the online application and a phone interview.You will be contacted by a learning community staff member about timing of the phone interview.
Learn more about the Discovery Houses Living-Learning Communities!
For more information, please contact:
Director, Learning Communities