You are here
German Language & Culture Living-Learning Community
Frelinghuysen Hall, College Avenue Campus
Students in this community are part of a vibrant, fun, and engaging residential environment that exposes students to German, Austrian, and Swiss culture. By joining this learning community you become connected with other students who share this similar interest in German language and culture! The learning community introduces students to contemporary German culture through numerous events and activities.
- Open to all class years and all majors, including transfer students affiliated with SAS, SEBS, RBS and MGSA
- The prerequisite for the learning community course includes successful completion of German 102 or German 122, or the equivalent level on placement exam.
Students will participate in the following:
- Community sponsored events and activities
- Fall and Spring courses: German Media and Society (1.5 credits) * Taught in residence
Programs & Activities
German Movie Nights and conversation tables will be held. Students will be able to participate in cultural activities on campus as well as attend field trips to theaters, operas, museums, concerts, and other cultural events to such locations as NYC or Princeton.
There is a two-part application process for this community:
- Register the German Language & Culture Living-Learning Community as your first choice on the online housing application on the Enrollment Pathway.
- You must also complete an application.
For more information, please contact:
Director, Learning Communities