You are here
Business Discovery House
Quad III-Livingston Campus
The Business Discovery House is a self-selected group of first-year students who will enjoy the benefits of sharing common residential and academic experiences while making new friends, exploring common interests and being a part of a close community of peers. Students will benefit from special programs in the residence hall, and having a peer mentor in residence to provide help in answering all those Rutgers questions.
This is a community for students who have a strong interest in any field in business and closely related fields. Students gain advantages in areas that help them academically, as well as build important skills that will allow them to succeed in the field of business e.g. networking, intereviewing.
Programming for this community has included:
- How to standout at career fairs ---Preparing for RU careers fairs in advance, during the fair and then what to do after
- One Major = Many Career Options – Review of major options and different career paths
- The Importance of Internships –Review of gaining experience through internships, as well as how to get an internship
- What is networking? -- Importance of networking and different strategies
- Attend the involvement fair
- Participate in social events as a community e.g. football games
- Open to first-year students affiliated with SAS,RBS and SEBS
- Must have math placement at the Calculus level or above, placement test must be taken before June 10, 2014
As a participant, you will be:
- Attending community sponsored events and monthly meetings
- Co-enrolled in three first year courses for the fall semester:
- Expository Writing
- FIGs: Exploring Business
Note: At your academic planning and advising day, you will be able to choose 2-3 other classes toward your academic interests. This is a perfect balance because it allows you to be both part of a smaller community and have access to all other Rutgers course offerings as well. If you AP out of any of the courses you will not be required to enroll in them and will still be eligible for this program.
There is a two-part application process for this community:
- Register the Business Discovery House Living-Learning Community as your first choice on the online housing application on the Enrollment Pathway.
- You must also complete the online application and a phone interview.You will be contacted by a learning community staff member about timing of the phone interview.
Learn more about the Discovery Houses Living-Learning Communities!
For more information, please contact:
Director of Learning Communities